A culture created for coders-by coders
At Volano Software, we’ve worked hard to create an environment that builds on the skillsets of the employees we have on our team. And most of our team are software developers, including back-end and front-end developers. It’s important to us because our founders, Don Stavneak and Rod Smith both cut their teeth as developers. That doesn’t mean we leave others behind — after all, we have a team consisting of folks in software development, operations, project management, coordination, sales, and product design too. Our culture means we include everyone at the table to help shape our culture. And they do a dang good job of doing so.
Current and available positions
Don’t see what you’re looking for? We are always looking for talented people like you. Send us a note and your resume and we’ll get back to you.
This is life at Volano Software. We work hard and know how to have fun.
Working at Volano Software
We work hard. There we said it. However, we know how to cut loose and have a little fun too. Whether it’s Fridays at 4:00 pm around the table, dart board, or events and parties, we know how to keep a good work/life balance. We keep our fridge stocked and snacks plenty because sometimes you get in the zone. Want to take a quick office tour? Cool. We’d love to have you swing by. Send us a message or stop by. See our other benefits below (you know, pay, vacation, etc.).
Read our Glassdoor® reviews
- 3 weeks PTO for vacation and sick time – 1 week can carry over at year-end. Up to 4 weeks on your 5th year anniversary. Fun Fact: 47% of our employees are over the 5-year mark!
- 8 paid holidays (New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving & Day After, Christmas Eve & Christmas Day).
- 100% paid short-term disability.
- 100% paid long-term disability.
- Up to 3% match in SIMPLE IRA (upon qualifying period).
- 50% of single rate toward Blue Cross/Blue Shield HSA health plan (30-day waiting period then begins 1st of the month).
- 50% of single rate toward Principal dental plan (30-day waiting period then begins 1st of the month).
- Vision benefits are included in both the health and dental plans.
- Expected hours of work are flexible as long as you’re reachable for emergencies between our core hours of 9 am and 5 pm (unless on paid time off).
- You have the opportunity to work away from the office one day a week on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday.